Hosting events can be fun, but when they are located at America's most famous federal prison, events are memorable. Whether you are hosting a corporate event, fundraiser, or a private birthday party, the Island's history and charm offers a unique space with a killer view!
Private events can be scheduled on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. For Thursdays through Mondays groups can “buy out the night” for up to 650. We offer full-service event and logistics planning is provided to ensure a seamless process.
Each scheduled evening event includes:
- Round-trip private ferry charter from Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing to Alcatraz Island
- Private tour of Alcatraz Island
- Private, ranger-led tours for groups up to 150 people
- Private, ranger-led tours followed by self-guided award-winning audio tour for groups over 150 people
- Logistics support, ranging from barge load-in/out, to site visits, negotiations with various partners (such as caterers, entertainers, and National Park Service) for the best solution for your needs.
There are multiple venues on the Island to choose from, each with their own unique feel and personality:
Building 64 - Dinner for up to 200 people.
China Alley - Single King Table for up to 75, or cocktail reception prior to dinner in Building 64.
Industries Building - Dinner/reception for up to 475 people.
Venue space within the Cellhouse:
- Shower Room - Dinner/reception for 1-200 people
- Dining Hall - Dinner/reception for 1-300 people
- Hospital - Dinner/reception for 1-100 people
The Shower Room, Dining Hall, and Hospital space can be combined to accommodate a larger event with a layout for 500 - 600 people.
These numbers are basic guidelines. If you have a group that does not fit into these specific numbers, contact our professional event planners who will work with you to develop options for your specific needs.
John M. Pimentel, Alcatraz Special Events | [email protected] | office 415.635.2226 | mobile 415.760.8402
Special Events and filming on Alcatraz Island require a Special Park Uses Permit.