Earth Day 2018
Saturday, April 21, 2018
10:00AM - 2:00PM
Alcatraz Cruises is committed to maintaining the lowest possible impact on the environment. Our Earth Day Festivities highlight our sustainability efforts with interactive exhibits teaching how to make small changes that can have a positive impact on our environment. The event is free and open to the public at Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing and will include music, entertainment and fun for the entire family.
Activities and featured interactive stations include:
- The theme of “Farm to Table to Bay” with an emphasis on sustainable, healthy farm to table practices, environmentally conscious home-life techniques and how these lead to the overall wellness of our bay and watershed. The goal is to inspire healthy choices and behaviors through an educational and engaging experience.
- Discover the Bay where guests can explore water samples from the bay, watch the micro-organisms on a large-display microscope and learn the role living things play in our local marine environment.
- Arts & Crafts for kids where they can create educational, green art and learn more about the Bay.
- Gifts, Prizes and Giveaways for kids…they will receive a passport then visit every booth for stamps. When the passport is filled, children will be invited to enter drawings, win prizes and opportunities to spin the prize wheel.
- Other Activities include music, face painters, entertainment, ECO Art Wall and farming station.
- Participating vendors include: Save Nature; Tree Frog Treks; NorCal Bats; San Francisco Zoo; Aquarium of the Bay; Garden Conservancy; and National Park Service.
On Earth Day and every day, Alcatraz Cruises actively promotes sustainability efforts in San Francisco and throughout the maritime industry. The first maritime company to run hybrid ferry service in the country, Alcatraz Cruises is considered “zero waste,” consistently recycling 90 percent of its waste, and is certified “green” by several national agencies. Alcatraz Cruises continues to perform at the highest levels for quality, environment, health and safety.
For more information call 415.438.8320 or e-mail our Earth Day team.
Find out more about our corporate mission by visiting RESPECT OUR PLANET™.