To celebrate Earth Day, Alcatraz Cruises, along with Hornblower Cruises’ Respect Our Planet, will present a full day of free, family-friendly activities on Saturday, April 20, 2019 from 10:00AM to 2:00PM.
The theme is “The Ocean is the Heart” with an emphasis on Ocean & Climate Change Education.
Partnering with local environmental companies, Alcatraz Cruises’ Earth Day festivities are free, open to the public and will take place at Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing on the Embarcadero in San Francisco. Activities and featured interactive stations will include:
- Discover the Bay — Explore water samples from the Bay and watch the microorganisms on a large-display microscope. Learn the role living things play in our local marine environment.
- Arts & Crafts — Create educational, green art and learn more about the Bay.
- Gifts, Prizes and Giveaways — Pick up a passport and visit every booth for stamps. Fill up the passport to win drawings, prizes and chances to spin the wheel.
- Other Activities — Music, face painters, entertainment and ECO Art Station!
- Participating vendors include: Tree Frog Treks; NorCal Bats; San Francisco Zoo; Aquarium of the Bay; Beekeeper Station; Marine Mammal Center; Cal Academy; Hilton/Park 55; USGS California Water Science Center; Garden Conservancy; National Park Service.
On Earth Day and every day, Alcatraz Cruises actively promotes sustainability efforts in San Francisco and throughout the maritime industry. The first maritime company to run hybrid ferry service in the country, Alcatraz Cruises is considered “zero waste,” consistently recycling 90 percent of its waste and is certified “green” by several national agencies. Alcatraz Cruises continues to perform at the highest levels for quality, environment, health and safety.
For more information, visit https://www.alcatrazcruises.com/programs-and-events/annual-events/earth-day-festivities/, call 415.438.8320 or email [email protected].