American Sign Language Interpretation
Request A Sign Language Interpreter Through The National Park Service
Advance Notice Required
The National Park Service provides Sign Language Interpreters for Alcatraz Island visitors. To request a Sign Language Interpreter, NPS must be given at least five days advance notice in order to guarantee that an interpreter will be available.
To make a request please call the Accessibility Program Manager at 415.561.4958 or e-mail NPS accessibility.
Individuals who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf/blind or have speech disabilities may utilize the following Federal Relay Service numbers:
- Federal Relay Service – 800.877.8339
- VCO – 877.877.6280
- Speech to Speech – 877.877.8982
- Spanish – 800.845.6136
- TeleBraille – 866.893.8340
Contact National Park Service:
Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Building 201, Fort Mason
San Francisco, CA 94123-0022
- National Park Service Accessibility Program Manager – 415.561.4958
- National Park Service Pacific West Region Information Center – 415.561.4700